Smart Storage Ideas
Make your home safe and keep children safe
Storing liquid laundry detergent capsules in a safe place becomes really important when you have young children at home, especially toddlers when they start to explore their home surroundings by crawling. Here are a few important tips to help you keep liquid laundry detergent capsules safely away from children, but still easily accessible to you when you do the laundry.
Keep out of reach of children
What’s most important is to store liquid laundry detergent capsules packs so that children cannot reach them. Of course, the pack must still be easily accessible to you and close to the washing machine.
High storage is best
The safest storage is to place the liquid laundry detergent capsules pack high enough so only an adult can reach it. Alternatively if you have no high shelves or cupboards close to your washing machine, you can store the pack inside a closed cupboard at any height, but this has to be equipped with a child safety lock. This lock will prevent adventurous young children that love to crawl and climb from opening the cupboard.
- If your washing machine is in a laundry or utility room, together with other cleaning equipment and products, the room probably already has a high shelf or cupboard with lockable doors. If it doesn’t, it should be easy to have one fitted, to ensure the safety of children.
- If your washing machine is in the bathroom, it is important to remember that liquid laundry detergent capsules must never be kept together with personal care products. They could be mistaken for a personal care product by a child. Definitely, never leave the pack of the capsules on the floor or on top of the washing machine. Ideally, place them in an overhead cupboard or on a high shelf, for example right above the washing machine. If this is not possible and you have to store the liquid laundry detergent capsules pack in the cupboard under the sink, the doors should be equipped with a child safety lock. This cupboard door must never be left open, not even while you’re filling the washing machine. Small children are surprisingly quick!
- The same rules apply for any kitchen fitted with a washing machine. Most kitchens will have overhead storage space, which is suitable for liquid laundry detergent capsules packs. A closed cupboard would be the best solution, because even with the pack closed, detergent fragrances may otherwise get into the kitchen area. It is very important to store the liquid laundry detergent capsules pack separately from food, beverages, kitchenware, dishes or cutlery. Children need to be protected from dangerous confusion caused by storing liquid laundry detergent capsules next to food.
Store the product safely and avoid confusion
Liquid laundry detergent capsules must always remain in their original packaging so that you keep the on-pack safe use instructions and warnings at hand. Never ever use old food packs as a container for liquid laundry detergent capsules. And please make sure the original pack is always properly closed. High level storage areas and locks remain your best allies in order to ensure that your liquid laundry detergent capsules will always be kept out of reach of children.
- Liquid laundry detergent capsules must be stored high up by preference, out of reach of children.
- If that is not possible, place them in a cupboard equipped with a child safety lock
- They must always remain in their original pack, and the pack must always be properly closed.
- Store capsules separately from other everyday products such as food and personal care products.
These simple but important rules are easy to apply and they will prevent children from getting hurt in your home by an undue contact with a product they never should get access to.
Keep caps from kids!